Dear Kuala Lumpur,
... can I call you KL? My name's Jeff and I'm a temporary resident of Kuala Lumpur. I like it here a lot - I have little reason to complain. Compared to my home country, the weather is great, the food is varied and cheap, it's an excellent base for trips in the region and the people are quite friendly.
But after a while I started noticing all the little things that could be done so much better if only someone would sit down and think a little. The nearest other large city is Singapore - and although a comparison with you is unfair is some ways, I would argue that there is absolutely no reason that you couldn't be as well-planned and pleasant to live in as Singapore. Malaysia has the money, the intelligent people and the international contacts to improve its own situation.
But people don't seem to be willing to take care of you. Why not? That's not up to me to discuss. But what I can do as an international who has lived in a variety of developed and developing countries is point out what can easily be changed to make you and Malaysia a better place for locals, foreign residents and visitors. Especially if you wish to attract more foreign tourists, certain small and simple improvements would be very useful indeed.
The posts in this blog are therefore to be seen as helpful free advice rather than ugly criticism - and I hope Malaysians can use these insights to help change the state you're in , dear KL, as well as their own circumstances.
Talk soon, Jeff.
04 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment